Did you know that Stack’s Bowers Galleries and Kunker Auctions will be selling the Mark and Lottie Salton Collection of Ancient and World Coins over the course of two years? The first auction is set to take place January 16, 2022, at the NYINC Auction. As part of this sale, we will offer a Polish 1595 Sigismund III 10 Ducats and a Polish 1592 Sigismund III 7 Ducats. These two coins will not be the first monumental Polish offerings by Stack’s Bowers Galleries, though. In 2008, with our sales of the Kroisos Collection and the Belzberg Collection, we sold a large number of impressive Polish coins. We highlight five coins that sold for more than $100,000 in these two sales.
- Lot 3091. POLAND. KINGDOM. Sigismund III, 1587-1632. 100 Ducats, 1621. – Sold for $1,380,000.
- Lot 1006. POLAND. Sigismund (Zygmunt) III, Vasa, 1587-1632. 50 Ducats, 1621. – Sold for $431,250.
- Lot 1011. POLAND. Sigismund (Zygmunt) III, Vasa, 1587-1632. Silver Double Talary, 1617. – Sold for $184,000.
- Lot 1048. DANZIG. Sigismund (Zygmunt) III, Vasa, 1587-1632. Donative Gold 20 Ducat, 1614. – Sold for $126,500.
- Lot 1008. POLAND. Sigismund (Zygmunt) III, Vasa, 1587-1632. Gold 5 Ducat, 1614. – Sold for $115,000.
If you would like to consign to an upcoming Stack’s Bowers Galleries auction, please email a list of your items to [email protected]. A Consignment Director will reach out to assist you.