In addition to the aforementioned gold coins, the Keystone Collection features two complete sets of circulation strike Morgan silver dollars, one comprised solely of AU and Mint State coins and the other ranging in grade from VG to Unc. Rounding out the collection is an old type set of copper and silver coins that includes a collectible 1793 Chain cent, a 1796 quarter and an 1836 Gobrecht dollar.
The breadth and scope of the Keystone Collection means that it includes something for virtually everyone that collects classic United States coins. We are thrilled to have been chosen by the consignor to present this collection as a highlight of our official auction of the American Numismatic Association’s 2012 Philadelphia World’s Fair of Money. This is just one of the many important collections to be offered as part of this year’s official ANA auction, and we trust that after viewing the catalogs for this sale you will find many coins to bid on for inclusion in your own collection.
Highlights of the Keystone Collection include:
· 1807 Draped Bust dime. MS-62 (PCGS).
· 1796 Draped Bust quarter. VG-10 (PCGS).
· 1885 three-dollar gold piece. MS-63 (PCGS).
· 1839-D Liberty half eagle. AU-53 (PCGS).
· 1842-C Liberty half eagle. Small Date. AU-50 (PCGS).
· 1851-C Liberty half eagle. MS-60 (PCGS).
· 1860-D Liberty half eagle. Medium D. MS-61 (PCGS).
· 1852 Liberty double eagle. MS-62 (PCGS).
· 1856 Liberty double eagle. MS-61 (PCGS).
· 1893-CC Liberty double eagle. MS-61 (PCGS).
· MCMVII (1907) Saint-Gaudens double eagle. High Relief. AU-58 (PCGS).